E-Fax: Receiving Documents
There are several options available for receiving faxes through the E-Fax system.
Receive via Email
- Option 1 - You can receive a fax as a PDF or TIFF through a departmental email resource account. For example, if currently incoming faxes are managed (received and distributed) by the front desk staff then:
- A departmental email resource will be created, or an existing email resource can be used (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) for that fax number
- To request that a new resource account be created, open a service request through the DePaul ServiceNow portal.
- The front desk staff and any additional users will be given access to this email resource email account.
Note: All faxes that are sent to your department's E-Fax number will be sent to the inbox of this department email resource, anyone with access will be able to view
- Option 2 - You can receive a fax as a PDF or TIFF through an individual email account. An individual’s DePaul email address can have a unique fax number associated with it, and all faxes received at that number would be directed to the individual’s email inbox.
Receive via Network Share
Faxes for a department can be setup to save directly to a shared folder on the W:\ drive. Users with access to the network shared folder can then manage the incoming faxes by monitoring the contents of the folder. For details about the network folders and how to request access please open a service request through the DePaul ServiceNow portal.
Receive via Printer
Faxes for a department can be setup to be printed directly to a network printer when received.