E-Fax: Sending Documents
There are two options for sending documents via E-Fax. A physical document can be scanned into digital format and sent via an email account, or if the document is already in digital format, it can simply be attached to an email and sent. The steps for each of these options are outlined below.
Sending Paper Documents
Paper documents need to be converted to a digital format before they can be sent via E-Fax.
- The paper document will need to be converted to digital format with a desktop scanner and then sent as an attachment via email, following the instructions under "Sending Electronic Documents" below
- If your scanner has the ability to send emails, then you can scan and fax your paper documents simultaneously by sending the document to the 10 digit fax number followed by @fax.depaul.edu (example: firstname.lastname@example.org). This same format will work for both DePaul and non-DePaul fax numbers. Include your own email address in the ‘From:’ field so you will receive the confirmation email when the fax is sent.
- You may find a list of scanners that IS recommends through the DePaul ServiceNow portal. If you need assistance selecting a desktop or network scanner, please contact the Help Desk at 312-362-8765 or email@example.com
Sending Electronic Documents
Follow these instructions to fax an electronic document via E-Fax:
- Create a new email
In the “To” field, enter the fax number that you wish to send the fax to. Complete the address by appending @fax.depaul.edu to it. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org. This same format will work for both DePaul and non-DePaul fax numbers.
- Attach the document(s) you wish to fax to the email. Documents can currently be sent in the following formats:
- Word document
- Excel document
- If you enter text in the “subject” field and/or enter text in the body of the email, a cover sheet will be automatically attached to the fax you are sending (note: the design of this cover sheet can be selected by your department).