Blue Demon Card: DePaul's Mobile and Physical ID Cards
The Blue Demon Card serves as your official identification while at DePaul University and is available to REGISTERED students, faculty, staff and alumni. It's an all-in-one identification card with multiple uses and benefits beyond the average ID. All current DePaul students, faculty, and staff are eligible for the mobile Blue Demon Card. You are encouraged to follow the steps below and add the mobile credential to your phone. You also have the option to obtain a physical card, although a physical card is no longer required.
Getting your Mobile Blue Demon Card
Follow these steps to get your mobile Blue Demon Card. The process begins by registering for multi-factor authentication and submitting a profile photo based on the guidelines. You can also visit bluedemoncard.depaul.edu for more information about the mobile id card.
- Install BlueKey MFA (if you haven't already)
- Review Blue Demon Card photo guidelines
- Submit your photo as soon as possible. If you visit the "submit your photo" link and already have an approved photo that works for you, skip this step. Check your BlueM@il for confirmation when your photo is approved (usually 2 business days)
- Follow instructions to install the mobile Blue Demon Card on iPhone, Apple Watch, or Android phone. Review device requirements
- Problems? View the Blue Demon Card FAQs or contact the Help Desk
Digital Wallet User Guides and FAQs
Optional Physical Blue Demon Card
New students and employees can also stop into the Blue Demon Card offices anytime after their scheduled orientation or onboarding date. Transfer students who have enrolled in classes can stop into the Blue Demon Card offices during regular business hours. One form of photo identification is required at the time of pick-up. Learn more about office locations and hours, which may vary based on the academic calendar.
Although the Blue Demon Card on your mobile device works at card readers all around university campuses, DePaul students, faculty, or staff members may still want a physical Blue Demon Card. The first step in obtaining a card is to submit a photo online based on profile photo guidelines. You can then visit a Blue Demon Card office to request a physical card during office hours.
- You must first submit a photo online
- Get a physical Blue Demon Card mailed to me: Fill out this request form. Please note: The request form for mailing physical Blue Demon Cards will be turned off from approximately the 3rd week of August until the 1st week of October. If you need a physical card during this time, please visit the Blue Demon Card offices.
- Get a physical Blue Demon Card in-person: Visit a Blue Demon Card office. View locations and hours of operation
Where can I get Blue Demon Card support?
The Help Desk: Online help with mobile card and BlueKey issues
Genius Squad: In-person help with mobile card and BlueKey Issues
- The Genius Squad also offers support for the mobile Blue Demon Card and mobile devices.
Blue Demon Card Offices: In-person help with physical card and photo submissions
Where can I use my mobile Blue Demon Card?
- Door access
- Ticketed athletic events
- Purchase items using Demon Express account
- Make purchases using your meal plan
- Use university printers and copiers
- Access residence halls, for approved users
- Access the Ray Meyer Fitness Center (students only)
- Access computer labs
- Use library services
- Access various buildings and offices, for approved users
- Access university parking facilities when a permit is purchased from Parking Services
- Get discounts with local businesses Demon Discounts
More important Blue Demon Card information:
Blue Demon Card for Alumni
All graduates of DePaul University are eligible for an alumni Blue Demon Card which gives alumni access to special university privileges. With this card, you can:
- Request computer and Wi-Fi access with the Office of Alumni Relations
- Receive alumni-only discounts at DePaul University on parking, performances and fitness center memberships
- Use campus copiers and purchase products from campus partners if you load Demon Express dollars onto the card
Get a new or replacement Alumni Blue Demon Card: