Networking: Activating an Existing Network Jack
IS installs new data jacks installed upon request throughout the University. If there is a data jack already installed, but it appears to be inactive, please follow the steps below. If there is currently no data jack installed and you would like a new one installed, please see Installing a New Network Jack.
Please note that any new network jack requests received in June will be billed in the next fiscal year.
- Enter a service request through the Service Now portal for the activation of an existing jack.
- A networks team member will come on site and activate the data jack.
- If the existing jack is inactive, IS will activate the jack for a cost of $105/jack.
- If the existing jack is active, but not on the correct network for your device, IS will reconfigure the jack for no charge.
- Once the jack has been activated by IS, a networks team member will contact you letting you know the work is complete.
- IS will process a budget transfer for the activation cost if necessary.
Contact the Help Desk at 312-362-8765 (5-HELP) or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.