Blue Demon Card: Policies
When you receive a Blue Demon Card, you will agree to a Blue Demon Card agreement which outlines the terms and conditions of your card.
General Blue Demon Card Terms
- This agreement is executed between the individual (the "cardholder") and DePaul University.
- This agreement shall be for the length of time the cardholder is enrolled/employed at DePaul University.
- This agreement is administered by the ID Services Office at DePaul University.
- A cardholder may hold one active Blue Demon Card.
- Lost ID cards should be reported immediately to public safety and ID Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A fee will be charged for the replacement of lost or stolen ID cards. Fees for stolen Blue Demon Cards will be waived with a Chicago police report. (Campus security reports are not accepted.)
- DePaul shall not be liable for any loss, cost, damage or expense, whether physical, financial, psychological or otherwise, suffered or incurred by the cardholder in connection with, arising out of, or in any way relation to the use or attempted use of the cardholder's Blue Demon Card by the cardholder or any other third party.
Demon Express Account Terms
- DePaul University reserves the right to determine hours of operation and the services available for purchase with this account.
- This account is non-transferable to another individual's account.
- Lost ID cards should be reported immediately to public safety and ID services by emailing email@example.com. The cardholder is responsible for all transactions charged to the account until the card is reported missing.
- At the end of the academic year the cardholder may request his/her account be closed. All refund requests must be for the full balance and are assessed a processing fee and made via the Payment Center. If the cardholder separates from the university they can request the refund upon their departure. Deposits made with 30 days prior to refund request will delay the processing of the refund.
- The university may declare an account inactive if there have been no transactions for a period of 12 months at such time a $5.00 fee will be assessed annually.
- If an account has been inactive for 5 years, the remaining balance on the card will be forfeited.