Adobe Creative Cloud: Shared Device Activation
To activate Adobe software on shared, non-dedicated devices, please use the following directions. This method is supported on on-campus devices.
One common example of a use case for this activation method is student employees requiring Adobe software for their work. In this article, this particular scenario is referred to, but other shared-device contexts may be appropriate for this solution too.
To allow student employees to use Adobe software:
- In order for a student employee to use Adobe software on an administrative computer, a faculty or staff member with administrative rights must request access for that student employee by creating an incident on DePaul’s Service Now portal.
- After receiving the request, Information Services will assign the administrative computer to the correct group to allow this special access.
- The faculty or staff member requesting access must now install the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app if it is not already installed. Before installing the Adobe Creative Cloud app please make sure the computer has been online for at least an hour. Please note the following instructions are for Windows computers.
- The faculty or staff with administrative rights on the computer that the student employee will be using must log in to it.
- To download the Installer, go to Adobe’s website.
- Launch the Installer
- If prompted to sign in, the faculty or staff member should use their CampusConnectUsername@depaul.edu and choose "Company or School account" when prompted.
- The faculty or staff member will be redirected to the DePaul login page and should sign in with their Campus Connect username and password.
- Once the Adobe Creative Cloud app is installed, it will auto-launch.
- This will bring up a list of available apps that can be installed and allow the faculty or staff member to choose which Adobe apps are needed. Please install all apps the student worker may need to accomplish their duties.
- When the faculty or staff member is finished installing the necessary applications, they can now sign out of the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app.
- On the administrative computer, the faculty or staff member needs to open the app “Software Center”.
- Open the Start menu to search/find the app “Software Center” and open it.
- Once “Software Center” is open, click on “Adobe Creative Cloud for Student Employees.”
- Next click on “Install.”
- If the student employee will be accessing the administrative computer remotely, follow the KB for setting this up: Remote Desktop for Windows: On-Campus Setup
- When the installation is complete, the faculty or staff member can log out of the administrative computer.
- The student employee can now log into the administrative computer and then log into the Adobe Creative Cloud app.
- The Adobe Creative Cloud app should launch shortly after login. If it does not, open the start menu and launch it.
- If the student employee does not have an Adobe account, they need to create one. If the student employee has previously created an Adobe account, they should skip this step and go to step 3.
- The student should click on the link for Create an Account on the Adobe Creative Cloud app and follow the steps to create an Adobe account. The student employee can also navigate to Create an Adobe ID and follow the steps.
- The student employee can then launch the required Adobe app from the Start menu or from the Adobe Creative Cloud app.
- The student should sign into the Adobe Creative Cloud app.
- From the start menu or from the Adobe Creative Cloud app, the student can open the Adobe software they need to use.