Microsoft Whiteboard: Using the Whiteboard
Microsoft Whiteboard is a freeform, digital canvas where students, faculty, staff, content, and ideas come together. You can use Whiteboard for collaborating with your team to accomplish many activities — whether your team is in the same place or in multiple locations. Team members can work collaboratively using their own devices.
How do I start using Whiteboard on my PC?
- You can install the Microsoft Whiteboard app for Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store.
- The store will ask you to sign in with a Microsoft account, but just click “x” to close that message since signing in is NOT required to download/install the app.
- On first launch the app asks you to accept the Microsoft Whiteboard policy. Once accepted you can start using the Whiteboard app.
How do I get started with a whiteboard in a Teams meeting?
You can share a whiteboard to make it available to all participants in a Teams meeting. That same whiteboard is simultaneously available in the Whiteboard applications on Windows 10, iOS, and on the web.
- If you don’t have Microsoft Teams, download it here and install it. Otherwise you can launch it from your desktop or start menu or Spotlight search.
- On first launch, enter your DePaul email.
- After joining a Teams meeting, click the Share icon in the share tray of that meeting.
- In the Whiteboard section, select Microsoft Whiteboard.
How do I start using Whiteboard for the web?