Updating the Password on Off-Campus DePaul Windows Computers
Note: If you have forgotten your UserID, have not signed up for BlueKey Multifactor, and/or encounter problems with the Microsoft Password reset process, please contact the Help Desk.
Remote Access VPN is needed to complete the off-campus password reset process. Download and install and the Remote Access VPN before proceeding. You will need administrative rights on the computer to install.
Updating Your Password on your Off-Campus Windows Computer
Note: This should only be necessary if your password changes while the computer is off-site.
- Sign into PC with current password
- Reset your BlueKey password in the Microsoft Password Portal (Instructions can be found here), or call the Help Desk for assistance
- If the Pulse Secure VPN is installed, sign in to the Remote Access VPN using your new updated password
- If VPN is not installed, please follow Remote Access VPN for instructions
- Lock PC via any of the 3 below methods. Do not sign out of your PC. If you sign out of the PC, you will have to sign in using your previous password.
- Windows key + L
- Ctrl+Alt+Del and click Lock
- Click Start button->User icon->Lock
- Sign into the PC with the new password
- Note: if any apps (Outlook, VPN, OneDrive, Teams, etc.) that used your previous password were open during this reset process, they may prompt for your new password.