Microsoft Office 365 for Windows: Install
Faculty and staff using a DePaul-owned Windows computer should follow the steps below when they want to install Microsoft Office 365 for Windows. Please note that Office 365 should NOT be installed from the Microsoft website on DePaul-owned devices; the steps below outline explain where to obtain the software and how to install it.
IMPORTANT! When making this change to Office 365 for Windows, please be aware that any currently installed Office components (which include Project, Visio, and other add-ons) will be permanently removed.
The newest versions of Project, Visio, and other add-ons must be purchased and installed separately. To purchase Project and Visio please see Microsoft Project and Visio: Purchasing and Installing.
Microsoft Office 365 for Windows will install these apps: Access, Excel, OneDrive, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Teams, and Word.
- Open the app "Software Center".
- Find and open the icon for "Microsoft Office 365 Apps".
- To start the installation, click Install.
- Once the installer has launched, you will be asked to confirm that you want to continue installing the Microsoft Office 365 Apps.
- When the installer is finished, it will say "You're all set! Office is installed now." and you can close the window.