DePaul Virtual Lab: macOS Folder Redirection Setup
For Students and Faculty who are using the macOS client and want to move files between DePaul's Virtual Lab and their local computer, please take a look at the instructions below.
The macOS client allows for folder redirection. This enables you to move files between your Virtual Lab session and your Mac. Folder redirection is disabled by default, but once enabled, it will retain that setting for all future Virtual Lab sessions.
- On your Mac, open Microsoft Remote Desktop, but do not start a Virtual Lab session yet.
- Note: If you do not have Microsoft Remote Desktop installed, please download it through the Mac App Store on your Mac and install it. It is free to download/use.
- On the Menu bar at the top, click on Microsoft Remote Desktop and then Preferences.
- From there, navigate to the “General” tab.
- At the bottom of the “General” tab, under “If folder redirection…” click on the drop down and change “Nothing” to “Choose Folder”:
- You will be asked to choose the folder you want to make available for Virtual Lab session files.
DePaul Virtual Lab: OneDrive Sign in
DePaul Virtual Lab: Azure Virtual Desktop Frequently Asked Questions
Remote Desktop Client FAQ
Compare Remote Desktop Clients
DePaul Help Desk
If you need assistance, the Help Desk is available via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (312) 362-8765 to students, faculty, and staff Monday-Thursday 8AM – 8PM, Friday 8AM-5PM, and Saturday 8AM-4PM. You can also submit a request for help directly via the web form here. NOTE: The Help Desk does not offer support on individual apps.