macOS Faculty/Staff: How to Enroll/Setup Your New Computer
NOTE: This experience is in a pilot phase. All information is subject to change at any time.
- Remove from the box and power it on.
- Select country and accessibility options if needed.
- DO NOT SKIP - Connect to the internet using a Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection.
- If you are on campus, you will need to connect to 'EDUROAM' and enter your BlueKey credentials.
- Once connected, please proceed with the dialogs and sign in with your BlueKey credentials.
- When asked, input your full name and create a password IMPORTANT: This password is not the same as your BlueKey password. It is local to your device only.
- Select time zone and theme options.
- Please wait while software and required configurations are installed.
- You will be asked to log out, then back in, to enable Filevault2. Record your recovery key and keep it in a safe, secure place in the event you need it later. This key is the equivalent of a password.
On launching Outlook for the first time, you may experience this error:
To resolve this error:
- Click on "Not Office 365?"
- Select Exchange.
- Follow the remaining prompts to complete setup.