Signing up for Transact Mobile Credential requires that you are registered for BlueKey multi-factor authentication. If you are not registered, please visit bluekey.depaul.edu/multifactorsetup to check your settings or register.
View the minimum device and operating system requirements in the Getting Started knowledge base article.
For best results, please restart your iPhone then follow the steps below:
- Open the App store and search for "Transact eAccount". Download the Transact eAccount app.
- Open the Transact eAccount app.
- Scroll through the introduction slides and select "Get Started"
- Search for and select DePaul University on the following screen.
- Select DePaul BlueKey.
- Enter your BlueKey login credentials (firstname.lastname@example.org and password).
- Once you have entered your BlueKey login credentials, look for a notification (on your mobile phone) from your Microsoft Authenticator app to "Approve sign-in". Either click the notification or go to the Microsoft Authenticator app to approve the sign-in.
- Return to the Transact eAccount app. You should now see your DePaul University account displayed.
- Select "Add to Apple Wallet".
- Click Next. Read and agree to the terms and add to wallet.
- Make sure to check your Apple Wallet. You should now see a DePaul University card.
- If you see the card, you're all set!
No need to unlock or open your phone to use the Mobile Credential. Simply place your phone next to the reader and you will be able to access any doors you are authorized to enter.
Adding Your Mobile ID to Apple Wallet on a Second Device
- Repeat steps 1-5 to login to the Transact eAccounts Mobile App.
- Ensure your second device is signed into the same iCloud account as the first device.
- From the Campus ID screen in Transact eAccounts, tap the icon in the upper right corner of your Transact Mobile Credential display.
- Tap Add or Remove Campus ID from Wallet.
- Choose your second device to add your Transact Mobile Credential.
- On the Add Card to Wallet screen, tap Next in the upper right corner.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete adding your card.
Using Mobile Credential on Your iPhone
Your iPhone or Apple Watch must be turned on, but it does not have to be connected to a network. For iPhones 6S, iPhone 6S Plus and later, Express Mode allows you to use your Blue Demon Card without unlocking the device with a passcode, Touch ID, or Face ID. Just tap your device against the reader to recognize your Blue Demon Card. On iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR Express Mode with power reserve is available for up to five hours after the device’s battery needs to be charged.
On an iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, you can use it by double-clicking the Home button, then tapping your default payment card and selecting your student ID. Rest your finger on Touch ID to authenticate and hold the top of iPhone 6 or 6 Plus near the contactless reader.
- To display your Blue Demon Card Mobile Credential, open Apple Wallet and select your Blue Demon Card from your saved cards.
- To add funds to your accounts in the eAccounts app, first save a payment method at the eAccounts website at IDcard.depaul.edu.
- Make a deposit via your desktop or mobile browser.
- After completing the deposit, there will be an option to save your credit card information.
- Once you have added the card information on the eAccounts website, that card will be available in the eAccounts app for future deposits. If you have already used eAccounts to access your Mobile Credential, you will need to sign out and back in to update the saved payment information
- Contact information for the ID Services Office is also available from the Blue Demon Card menu in the Apple Wallet.