MacOS: Remote Desktop (RD) Gateway Helper Tool
MacOS X RD Gateway Instructions
Note: These instructions assume you have downloaded and installed the Microsoft Remote Desktop app from the App Store.
Using RD Gateway with the Helper tool.
- Follow the instructions to download the .rdp file using the Helper tool. Download the file to a place where you can easily find it.
- Open Microsoft Remote Desktop. Select Connections > Import from RDP file…
- Find and select the OnCampusPC.rdp file that you downloaded earlier using the Helper tool, then click Import.
- The result will be an OnCampusPC entry in your available Microsoft Remote Desktop connections:
- When you are ready to connect, double-click this entry. You will be prompted to enter your BlueKey password for your username (ensure the username is in the format DPU\username or firstname.lastname@example.org, where username is your BlueKey ID). Do so and click Continue. You may be prompted to accept a certificate – if so, click Continue when prompted.
- After the Microsoft Remote Desktop client finishes configuring the PC connection, you should be logged into your Windows desktop.