BlueKey Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA): Change Your Default Sign-In Method
As a member of DePaul's community, you have BlueKey login credentials (firstname.lastname@example.org and password) and BlueKey multi-factor authentication (MFA). MFA is a critical tool in the internet security toolbox. By establishing a separate method of authentication, it is more difficult for hackers to break into our systems. MFA can be a bit of a hassle to setup, but this extra step ensures a more secure digital community for DePaul.
Note: BlueKey MFA uses the Microsoft Authenticator app. If you have a mobile phone, please download this app and login with your BlueKey login credentials.
BlueKey MFA requires you to select a "Default sign-in method". This is your first choice for authentication. It is highly recommended that all DePaul students, faculty, and staff select "Microsoft Authenticator -notification" as their default. If your mobile phone is handy, this is the easiest and most effective default sign-in method.
Steps to Check or Update Your BlueKey MFA Default Sign-In Method
- Navigate to https://bluekey.depaul.edu/multifactor
- Select "Security info" from the menu on the left side
- Under "Security info", verify your current "Default sign-in method"
- For most DePaul students, faculty, and staff (with a mobile phone): If you have a mobile phone, make sure you have the Microsoft Authenticator app. Make sure your default sign-in method is set to “Microsoft Authenticator - notification”. If it isn't, click "Change" and select from the options.
For DePaul employees without a mobile phone who connect remotely to a Windows PC on campus: If you don't have a mobile phone or the Microsoft Authenticator app, ”Phone - call” is your only option that will work with the Remote Desktop Gateway.
For DePaul students, faculty, and staff (without a mobile phone): If you don't have a mobile phone and don't connect remotely to a Windows PC on campus, you can choose from the variety or options for your default sign-in method.
- Please click the “Change” link to modify your setting.