Please, ensure you are connected to the DePaul Network via Wi-Fi or Ethernet before attempting the steps below.
1. Open System Preferences, then go to Printers & Scanners. On macOS Ventura, open System Settings, then scroll down the list on the left, and go to Printers & Scanners.
2. Click the “+” button near the lower-left corner of the window. On macOS Ventura, select Add Printer, Scanner, or Fax...:
3. Next to the icons near the top of the window, right-click the empty space as shown below, and select Customize Toolbar... as shown below:
4. Click and drag the Advanced icon as shown circled below, and move it to the empty space indicated. Click Done:
5. Click on the Advanced icon. The window will take a bit of time to load. After it finishes loading, you should see a dialogue box pictured below. Pick the following options as shown:
6. From the dialogue box that appears, pick the appropriate driver. From the filter box in the top-right, begin typing the name of the printer to search for the appropriate driver. If unavailable, printer drivers may need to be downloaded and installed first – HP printer drivers are located here: https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1888?locale=en_US. After clicking OK as shown below, you will be brought back to the previous window.
7. Click Add on the lower-right corner of the window to add the printer, as shown below:
8. After the printer has been added, be sure to check Duplex Unit so that the printer can print double-sided. Click OK to finish.
9. The printer is now fully added. When the user is printing for the first time, the system will prompt for credentials. Follow the formatting below with the user’s own Campus Connect credentials, and be sure to remember the information in keychain so that it does not prompt again in the future.