Can I Hide A Panopto Video From Students?
Yes. You can hide the video within the Panopto folder, by using the video’s availability settings.
Changing a Panopto Video’s Availability Settings
- Navigate to the appropriate course in D2L.
- Select Edit Course.
- Select Panopto.
- Scroll the cursor over the video that needs to be edited.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll to the Availability area.
- In order to restrict the date and time that a video becomes available to students, change the date and time within “Session becomes available.”Select the bubble to the left of starting, and then manipulate the date and time fields.
- In order to restrict the date and time that a video is no longer available to students, change the date and time within “Session remains available.” Select the bubble to the left of until, and then manipulate the date and time fields. NOTE: You may choose to add only a starting or until date and time.
- The changes are saved automatically. Use the X button in the upper right corner of the window to close the page when done editing the dates and times. The video will now only be available to students only during the date and time range you have specified.
If the Panopto video is also embedded within your D2L course, students will see that the video exists despite the availability dates on the video session. However, students will not be able to play the video unless they are within the video’s availability date and time range.
If you wish to hide the embedded video entirely, you can also date-restrict the content item or module, the news item, or the discussion in which the video is embedded. For more information on date restrictions in these contexts, see our guides to Content, News, and Discussions. For more information on using Panopto, see our Panopto Guide.