Microsoft Outlook 365 for Mac: New Outlook
Microsoft has released an updated version of Outlook for Mac. The new version has many new features as well as some known issues, including a significant issue related to shared mailboxes/resource accounts (see below). Some of the new features are:
- Customizable toolbar
- Improved search capabilities
- Suggested times for meeting based on recipients’ availability
- Improved meeting responses
Microsoft has a comprehensive list of both the new features and known issues that can be found here.
Outside of the known issues mentioned in the article Information Services has noted the following:
- Delegate rights to the Inbox only for a shared mailbox will not be able to open the Inbox and will need to continue using the Legacy Outlook experience.
- Full Access will continue to work in the new Outlook experience
- Calendar access will continue to work in the new Outlook experience